List five places you want to visit
Timely, this is, as I’ve discovered the pleasure travel bug in the last four years. Prior to that, vacations always seemed unattainable due to financial or family pressures – it was always felt that a return to the motherland was necessary in order to visit with people, but the reality is that pairs are cheaper to transport than fives, and eventually, the military would sort me out so I’m working closer to my hometown.
I’ve been lucky to have some great travel experiences for work, but they’re usually work-oriented and, again, it’s only been the last couple of years where I’ve started to explore places a little more in depth. I’m a creature of habit, after all.
As with previous lists, these aren’t in any given order.
- Croatia – something about the terrain and the beaches are calling me.
- Iceland – the place just looks cool, and I’m drawn to it.
- New Zealand – really, this place looks like a spot I could sink my teeth into (hello CANZEX?)
- New York City – I’m one of the few who still hasn’t been. I’m afraid of NYC in that I may love it a little much and never want to leave
- Patagonia – after my last trek to South America, I’m ever-more intrigued by this beautiful land.